- We’ve rounded up yuletide-themed events, South Florida style, from drive-through singalongs and drag queens in concert, to a giant tree made of sand and Intracoastal cruises.
- In one Sunrise shopping center, you'll find griot and black rice from Haiti, roti from India, biryani from Pakistan, vegan Jamaican dishes, chicken and rice from Trinidad/Tobago and Guyana, and even schnitzel from Germany.
- Lisabet Summa of Elisabetta’s Ristorante, Bar and Pizzeria talks about what excites her with a second namesake eatery in downtown West Palm Beach. A partnership with The Ben Hotel, the restaurant is scheduled to open in January and will overlook the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Florida's record flooding in November caused extensive damage to vegetable crops that were in the midst of being harvested across the state in time for Thanksgiving. Farmers and experts fear shortages or price increases.
You asked for it: Recipe requests
Sun Sentinel Store
- Schools and COVID-19 questions. This week Lois answers questions about football players and COVID-19 tests, whether schools will close after Thanksgiving, volunteering remotely and whether schools are following the rules.
- Kids will not be able to sit on Santa's lap this year due to COVID-19, but they will be able to get pretty close during several Santa events at malls and outdoor spaces in the coming weeks.
- Honoring teachers and teaching children who need extra help in reading is the premise of Roots and Wings, a nonprofit organization headquartered in Delray Beach. It was started in 2016 by Ted Hoskinson after his wife Anne died.
- Elementary school students in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach who are food insecure will receive weekend meals for the remainder of the year through a partnership with Boca Helping Hands,
- Columnist Gary Stein has some advice for Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and anyone else who thinks the new movie 'First Man', based on Neil Armstrong's life, disrespects the flag.
- As 77-year-old music legend Bob Dylan arrives to perform what will likely be a career-spanning set in Fort Lauderdale, it seems an appropriate time to weigh his effect on people who weren't yet born when he first started singing about how times they are a-changin'
- Caregiving is a tough job that often results in little recognition and feelings of isolation. Experts and those who have lived the journey offer tips and support.